Monday, April 4, 2011

A hiking we will go!

Yesterday, PEACH and I played tourist and did a Hawaiian hike! Now, if you're thinking we went all 127 Hours on ya'll, you'll be sadly disappointed. Although about halfway through I may have considered cutting off my little toe just to take my attention off the humidity of the jungle. I'm from Georgia, I should be accustomed to not being able to breath in the heat! Twenty five years of living in the South should have prepared me for just this occasion! But we hung in there! You know, for the wimpy mile and a half hike. We're novices, okay? Don't judge. Besides, it's more about the atmosphere right! 

So we drove out to Monoa Falls, which is actually in the direction of Honolulu. So I'm thinking, okay...we're driving towards these skyscrapers and we're gonna go hiking? But all of a sudden...you're in the jungle! I think that's pretty amazing. 

Now, this isn't a regular activity thing for us, so we're not really equipped with the proper gear, but we did the best with our every day sneakers and comfortable clothes. But, before we go again we're gonna be taking a nice little trip down to Sports Authority. But it's probably our own fault that we feel it necessary to spend money on all of the hiking accoutrements. I guess it slipped our minds that it had rained the day before and rain + dirt = mud. In case you didn't know. But, we managed to make it all the way up and back down without falling once! Quite the feat for me, if I do say so myself. 
By the way...this is what happens when we go to Sports Authority without a goal in mind.
 Anyway, we had a great time on the hike and took some pictures for your viewing pleasure.





Danger Will Robinson, Danger!

These makeshift stairs look way more intimidating from the bottom when you're about to have to climb them.

Pretty/scary flower


Oh no! PEACH is in Bamboo Prison!

We can see our destination!

Really instills confidence


Let's not judge our athleticism based on my red face.


Corey's been in "holding" at his command and was the lucky lad chosen to drive the shuttle between bases. But so far, it's been pretty great because he's been home by 12:30 every day. Don't want to get my hopes up for too long though. It definitely won't last forever. 

I've put in about 14 applications to some government jobs and a couple resorts on the island. Of course now it's a waiting game. No one actually wants to talk to you before they choose you for an interview or dismiss you because you're resume isn't exactly what they want. Don't they know I'm a good person who would do really well?!?! :) 

The house really looks great! I've attempted some pictures but none have turned out very well. But I'll try again soon. I'm ready to get some patio furniture for our lanai, but haven't been able to find anything that isn't astronomical in price. But that's nothing new for Hawaii. Although I have been pleasantly surprised with gas prices in comparison to stateside. We did hit $4.00 on base yesterday, but I just assumed we'd be at least a full dollar over Georgia gas prices. We'll hit it though, I'm sure. They say it gets up over $5 in the summer. Something to look forward to...


Hope everyone is well! We miss everyone a lot and hope that time flies until we get to see everyone again!


Lots of love and hugs! Take care!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog Megan! Great pictures! I am glad you are liking Hawaii - I could have stayed there when I visited, it is a lovely place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah :) I'm your follower now too, now that I can!

    ReplyDelete