Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ready for Some Fun!

It's been all work for the Hendricks as of lately! I've been working in a few different Edward Jones offices in the last few weeks, and next week I'll be in another new one! It's been great to have something to do, although my work schedule doesn't work very well with Corey's. It always felt hard to spend any quality time together in the first place, now it seems almost impossible. But, such is life and we work with it as best we can.

But his working so hard all the time and my recent employment really has us begging for some fun time! Which is why we can't wait for my mom and dad to get here in 10 days!!! I've really been enjoying planning their trip out here. I got our Luau tickets on Friday and am trying to come up with other fun things to do!  I just can't wait to see them! 6 months is way too long to go without seeing anyone we love!

Other than the regular day-to-day, there isn't a lot going on in our lives. I had my surgery almost 4 weeks ago and it went very well. Granted the first couple of days I was miserable, but each day after that I was getting better. By the 6th day I was getting around really well. I am still waiting to be able to go to the gym and start jogging again, but it won't be but a few more days now until I'm cleard for that again! I still haven't grown accustomed to seeing scars all the time, but I guess I'll get used to that eventually. Thank everyone for all the prayers and thoughts the day of and after. I received some beautiful flowers from my grandmother and from my best friend. They really lifted my spirits! I felt like I had family around, which was wonderful. Corey was the best nurse. He really took care of me and helped me so much while I was out of commission. I'm just so glad it's over now and that I can begin to feel better again :)

We hope everyone is well! We miss everyone a lot and wish we could see everyone soon.

Lots of love!
(And I'm sure we'll have a much more interesting post after Mom and Dad have been here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment